Botox® services at Pure Family Medicine
Facial Aesthetics, TMJ Pain, and Migraine Treatment
- Dr. Bub carries an advanced certification in Botox® treatments.
- Dr. Bub will always be the one performing the injections, not someone "under physician supervision".
- Dr. Bub will discuss the pros and cons of the products we carry and will help you choose the best injectable for your goals.
- We are not a high volume practice. Dr. Bub takes the time to make sure your goals and needs are met.
- Dr. Bub uses a less aggressive approach to treatment, using lower dosages when appropriate to achieve a more natural look, and emphasizing prevention.
- Dr. Bub's training as an osteopathic physician means your treatment is based on her knowledge of functional facial anatomy and how you may differ from other patients. Many other injectors are taught a one-size-fits-all approach based on diagrams and landmarks.
- We carry Botox®, Jeuveau®, and Xeomin®, These injectables require a lower volume of product than other alternatives, ensuring a more cost-efficient and targeted therapy than higher-volume alternatives.
- Our products are purchased directly from the manufacturer.
- We DO NOT over-dilute our products to make more money.
Botox® and other injectables can temporarily improve the appearance of forehead lines, frown lines, and crow's feet by relaxing specific muscles involved in causing these facial lines.
Dr. Bub can also use these products to prevent the formation of fine wrinkles, and prevent deepening of existing wrinkles.
Every patient is different, and Dr. Bub provides an individualized approach to all aspects of her care, including facial aesthetics. She will listen to your goals, and advise you of the product and treatments that are most appropriate to achieve those goals. A two week follow-up is always recommended to assess results and touch up any areas needing adjustments.
Dosing varies based on location and typically ranges from 12-40 units. Dosage will be higher than this if multiple areas are treated.
Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) is the most common cause of jaw pain. By using Botox® and other injectables to relax the muscles that cause clenching and grinding, Dr. Bub can temporarily relieve certain types of jaw pain quickly. These treatments need to be repeated every 3-6 months.
A typical treatment requires 24-36 units, however this varies based on the size of each patient's jaw muscles.
Migraines are often caused by chronic activation and tightening of the head and facial muscles. By using Botox® to relax these muscles, migraines can be effectively treated.
Treatment doses can range from 44 units all the way up to the FDA approved dosage of 155 units. Dr. Bub will typically start by treating a few areas and assessing results, and only proceed to the higher doses when necessary.
While insurance will often cover the cost of Botox® for migraine treatment, patients will first have to undergo and fail two other migraine treatments first. These treatments include anti-seizure medications, anti-depressant medications, and blood pressure medications. Since we do not bill insurance at Pure Family Medicine, patients who do not want to take these medications or wait months often have their migraines treated with us.
We believe in completely transparent pricing. Treatment doses vary based on each patient's needs and goals. Members of the practice get a significant discount on Botox® and other injectables, averaging $80 - $160 depending on the specific procedure.