What is Direct Primary Care?
Pure Family Medicine is a Direct Primary Care (DPC) practice. DPC seeks to eliminate the waste in the medical system by taking insurance and third party payers out of routine health care. By eliminating these middlemen and contracting directly with patients, doctors are able to focus on the patients and their health, instead of focusing on churning through patients and checking boxes in medical records to get paid by the insurance companies.
It turns out, when insurance is used for what it's meant for - major health events - the entire health care experience changes. At Pure Family Medicine, you can expect....
Time with your doctor
- In the traditional health care system, physicians have around 2500 patients and are typically forced to see over 20 patients per day, leaving patients feeling rushed, and doctors with inadequate time to provide excellent care.
- Primary care doctors are able to care for a majority of a patient’s medical needs. However in the current system, there's no time, and so 1 out of every 3 patients are sent to a specialist every year.
- In a Direct Primary Care practice, your doctor has more time to spend with you, and more time to give you the health care you deserve right in the office.
Lower health care costs
- Average health insurance premiums for a family of four are around $28,000 per year* - No health care is actually provided for these premiums, that is typically extra until the deductible is met!
- Membership in Pure Family Medicine costs a family of four $3,300 per year - That includes the majority of health care the entire family will need, in addition to getting access to significant medication and diagnostic discounts.
- * Source: 2018 Millman Medical Index
Focus on prevention
- In today's health care system, with patients getting so little time with their doctors, there's only time to treat diseases once they happen.
- At a DPC practice like Pure Family Medicine, expect prevention to be the focus. With more time, a stronger relationship, and better access to your doctor, it's amazing what you and your doctor can do for your health.
Predictable costs, transparent pricing
- All too often patients visit a doctor and then get surprise bills months after the visit.
- At Pure Family Medicine, one predictable monthly fee covers most of your health care needs. No surprises.
- If you need medication, labs, or diagnostics, pricing is transparent and a fraction of the cost of insurance.
Convenience and peace of mind
- If you are sick or have a question for your typical primary care doctor, you will either leave a message and get called back by a medical assistant in a few days, or schedule an appointment days or weeks out to see them.
- Communicating with Dr. Bub couldn't be easier. If you have a question, call, text or e-mail, and hear back from Dr. Bub herself the same business day.
- If you are sick, same day appointments are the norm. Even better, have a telemedicine visit from the comfort of your home!
- If you have an urgent health problem after hours or on weekends, rest easy knowing that you can get in touch with your personal physician.
Pure Family Medicine
- It’s time for a change.
- Join us and experience health care in it's Purest form, with Direct Primary Care and Pure Family Medicine.