We’re proud to say that we can care for about 90% of your health needs for no extra cost at Pure Family Medicine. But what about the other 10%? That’s where health insurance comes in, for major health events, not routine care.
Patients in a Direct Primary Care practice typically choose to carry high-deductible, low-premium health insurance; join a health sharing plan; or continue with their employer-sponsored coverage and use it as a safety net. While DPC pairs best with health sharing plans, you can save money and get great coverage with all three options.
For patients that are unable to afford traditional insurance, DPC provides a cost-effective way to receive routine health care. We still recommend some sort of catastrophic coverage whenever possible.
Selecting insurance coverage with high deductibles and low premiums helps you save money on monthly health care costs, while still providing the security that your out-of-pocket costs will be capped if you have a major health issue or accident. All of your primary care will be covered by your DPC membership (with affordable cash pricing for testing and medication), and in the rare case that you have major medical expenses, your out of pocket costs are capped.
If you’re like many Americans, your employer offers a good medical plan, and pays for a portion of it. Direct Primary Care is still an affordable option in this scenario! Most DPC patients with employer-sponsored coverage use it as a safety net, and for the rare times that insurance offers a good price on testing and medications. Because you won’t need to seek care in the insurance based system very often, your out of pocket costs will decrease dramatically. If you are able to lower your premiums by changing your plan the savings are even greater.
Many companies offer insurance policies that are not considered traditional health insurance but can help you if you have a medical event such as hospitalization, critical illness, or cancer diagnosis. These policies are additional options to consider, but may not be appropriate as your primary insurance.
Please note that the info on this page is provided to help you understand the options that are available, for informational purposes only. The resources that are listed do not constitute a recommendation or endorsement of the health care options or companies. We recommend you do your own research and make a decision based on your individual situation.
Membership in a Direct Primary Care practice saves an average of 20% in medical costs each year.
Great, we can't wait to meet you! Enroll in our practice by clicking below.
Your employees can get a life changing health benefit they will brag about for years, for under $100 per employee per month. You get loyal, more productive employees, and can save a ton of money when a direct primary care membership is part of your health benefits package.Read About Small Businesses